Haven’s Commitment to Grahamstown Hospice
Every Day is a Gift, No Matter Where You Live
The majority of Grahamstown, South Africa’s 120,000 residents are unemployed. One in three women who give birth is infected with HIV. Many of the non-governmental organizations that strive to provide social services to the public are undergoing financial crises (Click here to read an article in "The Daily Maverick" about the struggles NGOs are facing in South Africa).
One such organization is Grahamstown Hospice in the Eastern Cape Province of South Africa. Haven Hospice has partnered with the Foundation for Hospices in Sub-Saharan Africa (FHSSA) to help provide support.
Why Haven Cares
- We understand the challenges patients and families face when dealing with life-limiting illness
- Our colleagues in Grahamstown face many of the same challenges on top of those presented by the problems in their area
- We have the ability to make a substantial difference in the lives of the patients and families of Grahamstown Hospice by helping to ensure they have the resources necessary to receive the same loving, dedicated care we offer our patients.
Cost of Hospice Care in Grahamstown
- Home visit by a community care worker $4
- Medications for a month $9
- Food for a family of four for a month $30
- Month’s supply of baby formula $40
- Annual supply of fuel for a hospice vehicle $3,749
- Weekly operational cost of a day care center for HIV-positive children $191
Every year, Haven employees hold fundraisers to help raise money for Grahamstown Hospice. Every year, Haven matches our employees' donations dollar for dollar. Please consider helping us support Grahamstown Hospice. Your donation can make a profound impact on a patient, from providing home visits to medications, food and more.