When to Choose Hospice Care
- When curative treatment is no longer an option.
- When the emphasis of treatment changes to comfort, symptom control and enhancing quality of life.
- When patients begin to realize and accept that they are not going to get better. Patients may know this before others do. Haven Hospice counselors are available to support patients and families as they reach this awareness.
- When a physician thinks hospice can help.
- When you or a loved one are facing a serious, life-limiting illness.
Timely access to care is important. The helpful staff at Haven Hospice can direct you to the appropriate program. Members of the Haven Hospice care team can be most helpful when they have time to build a trusting relationship with patients and their loved ones before the situation becomes critical. Haven Hospice's goal is helping people maximize life, regardless of where they are in their lives.
The most common response we receive from families is, “We wish we had known about Haven Hospice sooner.”