About Haven Hospice
Haven Hospice is your not-for-profit, community hospice organization providing comprehensive services since 1979 and licensed in Florida since 1980. Haven is North Florida's expert in end-of-life and palliative care, receiving national recognition as a Circle of Life Award Recipient from the American Hospital Association for its excellence and innovation. Haven has also been recognized as a Florida Pacesetter for its leadership in promoting advance directives. For more than 37 years Haven has had the honor and privilege to serve more than 78,000 patients and families in North Florida.
Ask for Haven Hospice
Did you know that friends and family can initiate hospice services for a loved one?
The referral is as simple as calling 800-HOSPICE (467-7423) or filling out the referral form.
- Patients and their families benefit from the support of an expert inter-disciplinary team of physicians, nurses, nursing aides, social workers, volunteers and chaplains.
- We have five, free-standing hospice care centers within a short drive of any community in our 18-county services area throughout North Florida.
- Specially trained Haven nurses are available by phone, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to answer patient and caregiver questions. Nurses are also available for home visits during off-hours.
- Haven Hospice care provides resources to support families and caregivers
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to reduce the need for emergency room visits and hospital re-admissions.
- Haven will care for you wherever you call home and provide the medical equipment that you need.
- Haven teams can educate the patient, family and caregiver about the issues and challenges related to patient care and the available resources which can be of assistance such as grief support.
- Haven will work closely with your family physician to provide comprehensive care.